Holy crap! This week I have received not just one, which was extraordinary in and of itself, but two blog awards. I am just on cloud nine this week. Thank you to BW Taylor at Descent into Slushland for the Versatile Blogger Award. Like I said in my last post, I started this blog as a place to write about writing, but it evolved into something else, somewhere to share more of myself as well as my writing. I am thrilled to receive this award and to be considered a versatile blogger.
The rules say I have to give seven random facts about myself, so:
1. I’m a big kid at heart. I have a saying that you’re never too old to roll down a hill and I live by that. I love to play, in fact, it’s one of the great things about my marriage, Hubby and I play–a lot, like sword fighting with wrapping paper tubes and playing hide and seek in the house. One of my goals in life is to never truly grow up.
2. I’ve been to 22 states (Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado), and 6 countries (Switzerland, Italy, the Vatican, Monaco, France, Ireland, and Mexico).
3. In my entire life, I have only eaten on flavor ice cream at Baskin Robbins. A double scoop of chocolate chip on a sugar cone. After almost thirty years of the same thing, I now refuse to break my streak.
4. In college, I once ran around the dorm with a cardboard box on my head dancing to the song “Living in a Box.” In my defense, I was 18, and it made perfect sense. But in all honesty, I’d probably do it again now. (See #1).
5. I have a tendency to laugh like the cartoon dog Muttley (you know, from the Great Space Race) when I do something sneaky or devious.
6. Apparently, I eat like a lizard, flicking my tongue out and drawing food into my mouth. Hubby caught this and pointed it out as I’d never realized. With french fries, I curl my tongue around them and pull them in one at a time.
7. Similarly, I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Now, I have to nominate seven other bloggers:
4. Jennifer M. Eaton (who I know has already received this award but totally deserves it again)
I highly enjoy each of the blogs and the information and stories they share. Go check them out! And thanks again for this award.